Summer is the best time of the year to build relationships with students. If you are in student ministry, you are probably looking for ways to leverage technology to help bridge the relationship gap. Small group leaders and their students need opportunities to grow closer to each other.
Here is how we pulled off the scavenger hunt!
- We created a list of items with different levels of points. Instagram's new video option made it even better!
- Explain to everyone how it works. Make sure one person takes the picture with a smartphone who has instagram.
- We created a custom hashtag that all the pictures would funnel into a feed. We chose "#sourcephotohunt."
- We split our high school groups into teams. We gave them a one hour limit to complete as much of the list as they could as a team. I gave out the list of items right before they left so that nobody had a head start.
- As groups were out on the scavenger hunt, I logged into Statigram and saved each picture that showed up. Our only issue was trying to save the videos.
- Everyone returned and we enjoyed some ice cream and tallied up the scores. We celebrated the top 3 winning teams and enjoyed looking at the pictures on the screen via propresenter!
We had a blast! An instagram scavenger could be the next event for your students and their small groups!
Download Instagram Scavenger Hunt scavenger hunt list.