Life is a continual display of choices. What do I want for lunch? What will I order when I get to the restaurant? What time should I wake up? Regular Coke or Cherry Coke?
Life isn't always about easy questions like these, some are a lot harder.
Top 5 decisions of my life (so far :) ):
- "What does God want me to do with my life?"
- "Where should I go to college and seminary?" (BCF for undergrad and now Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary)
- "Who should I marry and how many kids should we have?" (That decision was made on June 14, 2009! The kids...not yet!)
- "What are my gifts/abilities and how should I use them?"
- "What legacy do I want to leave my children, family and friends?
We all face the challenge of life. God has been showing me lately that the more I let go of the control of my life, the more my life is controlled by Christ. Only when we empty ourselves and fill them with God's Word will we find God's heart. Scripture is my bedrock for praying through decisions in my life. Here are a few that guide me:
- "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33 (ESV)
- "I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ." Philippians 3:8 (ESV)
- "I press on toward the goal forthe prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:14 (ESV)
What decisions are you facing? What questions will you ask to find God's direction? How can I pray for you?