Week 2 - LoveSick Series
"Heart Throb"- Proberbs 4:23 (NLT)
Main Thought: Guard your heart for God's best in marriage (We focused this night on speaking to the girls, My wife Cassidy shared a testimony in the middle of the message)
"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."
1. The Lure of Love (Emotional love)
- Does your emotions CONFLICT your thinking?
- “But…I want to be happy!” – Eve in the Garden – God wanted Adam and Eve to be happy but he didn’t give them everything.
- The Heart refers to the “mind as the center of thinking and reason” = Mind, Will and Emotions
- "From the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. These are what defile you." (Matthew 15:18-20).
- A girl should not pursue a guy – that is the guy’s job
2. Guard your heart = Direction of life
- Addiction to relationships leads to absence of wisdom (OBSESSION)
- “The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?” Jeremiah 17:9
- ILL: Deflated tire…returning back over and over to addictive relationships, it leads to heartbreak…
- The person you marry is the second largest decision of life (after salvation)!
3. Give your heart to serve Christ (What do you love the most?)
- Wait for God's best for you...In the meantime serve GOD!
Close - ILL: Open Heart Surgery*
- Are you guarding your heart for your future spouse?
- Are your decisions focused on honoring God or yourself?