What would you say to someone if they asked about your student ministries vision? Values? Recently, I went back to the drawing board on explaining our values. We are about to start a new school year and what better time to communicate values!
Source Student Ministry exists to lead students to imitate Christ and influence the world.
We exist to lead students to Jesus, connect them to Church @ The Spring, help them grow in their faith, and challenge them to influence the world.
- People matter to God. We value an environment of acceptance. We provide a safe place for students to be meet Jesus at their point of need. We want students to have a safe place to grow in their relationship with God and others. We want to help students find a place to belong and point them to find their identity in Christ (Galatians 3:27-28, 1 Timothy 4:12, Revelation 7:0-10, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Luke 19:10, Psalm 61:1-2).
- Teaching for life-change. We value relating God's truths to this generation. We value connecting God's truth with action. Teaching is the catalyst that leads to transformed lives (2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:12-13, Ephesians 6:19, Luke 6:47-49, John 8:32).
- Worship is a lifestyle. We value students living out a life of worship in their everyday lives. Following Jesus is a lifestyle, not an event. We want our gathering at Source to be an overflow of what God is doing in their lives each week (Romans 12:1-2, Galatians 2:20).
- Growing larger and smaller at the same time. We value intentional small groups that build a community of Christ-followers.We want students to build authentic relationships with students and our volunteer leaders. (Philippians 2:5-15, John 13:34-35, Matthew 9:12, 13, 36,).
- Every member, every student, is a minister. Develop students to serve and find their spiritual gifts for life long service. (1 Timothy 4:12, Ephesians 4:1-14, Luke 22:26, Mark 10:42-45).
- Partnering with parents. We value our role to team up with parents to teach students to be Christ-followers. We are another voice in the lives of students as we come alongside parents as a team. The essence of student ministry is to aid the family in helping their student become independently dependent on their relationship with Christ.(Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 6:4).
- Influencing the world. We value students developing a lifestyle of sharing their faith. Our desire is to make disciples who make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Matthew 5:16, Mark 16:15).
STUDENT MINISTRY LOCATIONS:
Middle School Students – Sundays @ 11:00am-12:15pm High School Students – Wednesdays @ 6:45pm-8:30pm
Middle and High School Students – Wednesdays @ 6:45pm-8:30pm
SOURCESM.COM To join text group, text “join sourcesm” to 40650 Facebook.com/sourcesm Twitter.com/sourcesm Instagram.com/sourcesm Vimeo.com/sourcesm *New* - Download the "SourceSm" app in the App Store
What is your vision? Values?