#instalife series – week 2 “#selfie”The teaching from week 2 in 140 characters or less…
1) Recap of Week 1: God is who determines our identity, not how many “likes” we have online!
2) The word “selfie” has a root word, “self.”
3) At the root of sin is SELF. It is the word, “pride.”
4) If we only focus only on people liking us, we lose sight of what God says about us.
5) Focus upon pleasing God and not pleasing people (1 Thessalonians 2:4, Galatians 1:10).
6) Live from God’s approval and not for the approval of people.
7) Stop taking pictures with a motivation to have people PRAISE you. God is who created us.
8) Proverbs 29:26: “Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.”
9) Jealousy based upon outward appearance hurts everyone (Proverbs 14:30).
10) Life is not about drawing attention to self, but denying self to follow Jesus (Luke 9:23).
To watch any of the series messages, check out vimeo.