1. We all face situations where we are out of control.
2. Three situations everyone faces: You are currently in a storm. A storm is coming and you don’t know about it. You are just walking away from a storm that has blown through
3. “Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
4. Jesus also said that no one escapes STORMS in life, even His followers: “For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.” Matthew 5:45.
5. The disciples new Jesus was capable of amazing miracles but when things turned personal, when it seemed like Jesus was disconnected from something they needed at this moment, they lost faith! (Matthew 8:24-27).
6. William Carey (Missionary to India) said, “Expect great things of God, and attempt great things for God.”
7. Jesus is in control during the storm; the storm isn’t in control.
8. God is bigger than the storm.
9. Sometimes it is our struggling that helps us see God clearer. Sometimes our struggling draws us into a closer relationship with God. Sometimes the storms helps us grow to become more like Christ.
10. Who is in control during the storm is what REALLY matters. Jesus is in control!
To watch the messages from Source Student Ministry, check out the vimeo page.