Big Idea: Jesus put the needs of others above His own, and we should imitate this humility.
1. Relationships are better together when they follow Jesus’ example.
2. God sees the motives of our hearts (Luke 18:9-14)
3. Spiritual pride is the worst kind of pride. It puts ourselves on the throne of our lives. We look down upon others and inflate our sense of spirituality.
4. Being Humble is to realize that we are nothing without God. Humility is accepting ourselves as we are really are before God.
5. Humility invites God's grace but pride invites God's opposition (James 4:6).
6. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” -C.S. Lewis
7. We are better together when we imitate the humility of Jesus (Philippians 2:3-8).
8. Jesus' trademark was humility. It was what He was known for. What will we be known for in this generation?
9. Jesus was God but He didn’t let that stop him from becoming a servant. He humbled himself even to the point of death on the cross.
10. The deeper the humility, the more God can use you.
To watch the messages from Source Student Ministry, check out the vimeo page.