Big Idea: Give encouragement freely to others so they can see hope in Jesus.
1. Encouragement means to “give courage” or to strengthen someone.
2. Encouraging others shouldn’t just be something we DO, but something that we ARE (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
3. We help each other avoid sin (Hebrews 3:13).
4. Encouraging others should be filled with grace and truth.
5. Give courage to others to follow Christ (Ephesians 4:29, Proverbs 12:25)
6. Be a life giver, not a life taker
7. People do what others affirm in them, so we can actually shape and direct lives by the kind of encouragement we offer. Our words can shape them into having courage or fear.
8. Pour out God’s love on those around you
9. It can be hard to pour out encouragement on others, but we receive the strength from God's
encouragement. He is the source of encouragement.
10. Jesus went to the cross to pay for our sin. He had courage so that we can come out of hiding and into His family (Romans 5:5).
To watch the messages from Source Student Ministry, check out the vimeo page.