December is here! I love Christmas time! The only thing I dislike about Christmas is the focus on "stuff" and less in Jesus. It is easy to become focused upon what gifts to give and receive and attending parties. We can sometimes completely miss God. Even if we have the best intentions. When I think of gifts, usually they fall into 3 categories:
- Impractical: Awkward responses like, “wow this is the best” but in your mind you are saying "I'll never use this!"
- Cheap: Worthless trinkets that come and go!
- Worthwhile: It is a gift that is beyond materialism. My relationship with Jesus, friends and family are the greatest gifts of all!
All material gifts fit into a category of being temporary. God’s gift to us is not something. It is someone.
I encourage you in this busy season to celebrate and meditate on the fact that Jesus came to earth for us! Emmanuel!
Check out this awesome video!
I have taken a break from my website for a little while but I wanted to give you an update to life!
- We spent a few days in Belleview, Florida visiting my wife's side of the family - We had the funeral to commemorate Cassidy's grandmother life and it was special time with family. She left a powerful legacy of Christ-likeness.
- We have spent the last week up in Greenville, SC with my side of the family. Spending quality time with each other has been the priority and we have stuck to it!
- It is never easy during this time, we all miss my brother Jordan.
- It has been good to see my Dad continue to serve God here as Pastor. He continues to show me an example of being faithful in life and ministry.
- God has blessed me with a great family and each time we are together it shows me that I have a lot to be thankful for in my life.
- My brothers Jeff and Justin were a blast to spend time with - Jeff is looking into PH.D work and Justin continues to do well in college and pursue film-making!
- Justin is beginning to shoot a new short film called, "Foxhole" this weekend - It will be depicting a great storyline based upon John 15:13. They are using real WWII guns, clothes, etc so it will be sweet! Check out this published article on Justin's work.
- We are headed to Nashville in the morning for Cassidy to spend the next few days finishing up her new album recording!
- Lastly, God has been working in my life and teaching me to simply talk less and listen more. Enough said!
- I will be writing this week some of my goals for 2010 personally and in ministry. Stay tuned!